Picture Day Hairstyle!

We just had Q's 2 year pictures taken! (2 months late, but oh well!) As always the question remains -- How should I style my daughter's hair for Picture Day??!

Well here's what we decided on this time...


For pictures, I like to keep her hair out of her eyes, yet leave a lot of hair down to show the length. I also want to have as much of her natural texture showing as possible!  (memories!) I usually tend to favor a simple clip to the side, or french braid headband, but this time I wanted something a little more unique.

To get the look we started with 3 diagonal flat twists (not the neatest, but it was picture day - and those are notoriously rushed, right?) with temporary clips holding the ends of the braids.  (For one way to do twists, check out THIS post. For this picture day style I used the same method, but I twisted the individual strands as well when I twisted them together - If that made ANY sense! :) Maybe another tutorial is needed here?!)


Then pulled them all together in one hair elastic on the side and removed the clips.


Next I made a messy bun out of the "tails" of the braids and accessorized with spin pins!



I was hoping to be able to share the professional shots, too, but the website doesn't seem to be showing our session :( I don't know what the deal is there. Hopefully I'll have the hard copies soon! 


I also have a post with ideas on how to keep your child still while doing their hair. :) If you're in need of new ideas for picture day!

Bunny Kisses! :)


I should also mention that we detangled with Original Sprout Leave In Conditioner, and then added a bit more to use as a leave in. It's my go-to product right now! I wish I had used a little more on the curls right by her face, though. I was being very light-handed because I didn't want her hair to look greasy... I guess I was being too careful this time because instead of curling up nicely together, they ended up looking a kinda fluffy!

What styles do you prefer for picture day?

0 Response to "Picture Day Hairstyle!"

Post a Comment